You've heard of IQ (Intelligence Quotient) and perhaps EQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient), but what about OQ (Organizational Quotient)?
Take this quiz from the National Association of Professional Organizers to determine how disorganization may be impacting your life...
Test Your Organizing Quotient - Give Yourself 1 Point for Each “YES”
1. Do you often miss important appointments, events or deadlines?
2. Does every horizontal surface invite a pile of something?
3. Do you avoid inviting people into your home or office because of the clutter?
4. Do you have difficulty prioritizing or making decisions?
5. Do you find yourself purchasing items that you know you already have but just can’t find?
6. Do you have lots of clothes but nothing to wear?
7. Is your computer and/or file cabinet crammed with information you no longer refer to?
8. Are your bills and bank statements mixed in with community notices, interesting articles, party invitations, catalogs, and magazines?
9. When you replace an item, do you keep the old one “just in case”?
10. Does your wallet or planner bulge with old notes, receipts, ATM slips, laundry tickets, parking tickets, Post-its, clippings, and scrawled phone numbers with no name attached?
11. Do you usually file an extension on your taxes because you can’t track down all the necessary statements, forms, and receipts?
12. Are things still in boxes from the last time you moved?
13. Are you postponing doing something you’d really like to do because you don’t have the time?
14. Is being disorganized costing you time or money?
10+ points: Yikes...! Don't wait another moment. Now is the time to call a Professional Organizer - if you can find your phone!
6–9 points: Danger Zone...! Disorganization is costing you time, money, probably sleep and certainly productivity. Learning the skills a Professional Organizer has to offer can change your life!
3–5 points: Not bad, but... As disorganization mounts, so does your stress level. Take the edge off by getting some help from a professional before it's too late.
1–2 points: Impressive...! A little more organization never hurt anyone. Even just one session with a Professional Organizer can fine-tune your nearly perfect systems.
0 points: Congratulations...! Maybe you should consider a career as a Professional Organizer.