EFFICIENCY AT WORK
BOOST YOUR PRODUCTIVITY
- Create a workable workspace
- Manage paperwork
- Develop custom filing systems
- Master email and time management
Scroll down for a case study and lessons learned from our clients.
CASE STUDY: "HOME OFFICE... FROM FRIGHTENING TO FUNCTIONAL"
Busy mom and volunteer made time time for everyone and everything except organizing the office. The room became a dumping ground rather than an efficient workspace.
Clarifying the function of the room, clearing the clutter and creating effective filing systems calmed the chaos and gave the family a usable space.
Clarify the Function - If you don't use it in the space, don't keep it in the space. We moved seasonal items, toys and other non-office items to other parts of the house.
Purge the Paper - Shred or recycle outdated paperwork. Keep only current files and required documentation you can't get online.
Create Zones - In this case, we allocated separate spaces to family business, volunteer activities (in color coded binders) and kids' supplies.
Create Logical Systems: Assign A, B, C priorities based on how frequently you use items:
- "A = Active" items used daily or requiring action stay on the desk.
- "B = Basic" items for routine activities or frequent reference stay within arm's reach.
- "C = Classic" items that need to be archived go in harder to reach cabinets.